Conflict of Heroes - Guadalcanal continues the award winning series with a new unique pacific battlefield to fight in and two new asymmetric nations to command! Take control of the fanatical Japanese or the resourceful Marines and lead your squads in the most important battles of the Guadalcanal campaign. Overwhelm the Marines with Banzai charges across rivers, lead challenging sea raids on Japanese supply dumps, launch ambushes out of the dark of night, and decimate your enemy with artillery in firefights that include:
- The Battles of Alligator Creek
- Bloody Ridge
- The Battle of Henderson Field
- And 9 more thrilling engagements
The Japanese offer new tactics to Conflict of Heroes. The game features a unique bushido system that the Japanese commander can use to compel his soldiers to perform heroic acts. Fail to follow the bushido code though and risk losing the confidence of your soldiers and your commanders.
The Marines defending Henderson Field on Guadalcanal must rely on their veteran Commanding Officers if they hope to survive the unrelenting assaults of the Japanese. Assign the new Capability Cards to specialized Marine troops, including the Raiders and Paramarines, and gain access to unique actions and abilities.
Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal uses the same easy to learn but hard to master streamlined tactical system as 'Awakening the Bear' and 'Storms of Steal'. Players will be challenged with hard tactical choices and a variety of interesting battlefield situations.
- 4 large mounted geomorphic game maps that include beautifully rendered beaches, jungles, and ridges.
- 1 sheet of thick overlays that add rivers, villages, and hills to any map.
- 40 - LARGE and thick 1" die cut Marine counters depicting Stuart tanks, antitank guns, 1st Raiders, Mortars, and more!
- 40 Japanese 1" die cut unit counters that include grenade dischargers, snipers, Chi-Ha tanks and more.
- 20 unique Japanese hit counters that add the uncertainty of no-effect hits!
- 20 American hit counters.
- 10 Vehicle hit counters
- A Firefight book that includes the campaign summary and maps, historical context and 16 firefights for 2 - 4 players.
- A Programmed learning rulebook that teaches the rules in tiny fast and easy to learn steps.
- And much more.
This game is boxed like all other games in the series and will include a plastic sorting tray.